State Government Departments Certified Agreement 2009
The State Government Departments Certified Agreement 2009 (PDF, 1.18 MB) was certified by the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission on 19 July 2010 and covers approximately 62,000 public sector workers in 'core' government departments and agencies.
Key features of the agreement which will operate until 31 July 2012 include:
- Wage increases of 4.5% (or $34 per week whichever is greater) effective from 1 August 2009, and 4% (or $34 per week whichever is greater) effective from both 1 August 2010 and 1 August 2011.
- Continuation of provisions contained in the 2006 Core Agreement including:
- On call provisions
- Award maintenance
- Allowances recognising accredited qualifications
- Salary packaging
- Employment security and organisational change and restructuring.
- No loss of show day, where an employee performs work at an alternative location to their usual place of work. They will receive a day in lieu.
- Formalising cultural leave entitlements.
- Agreement to implement a wider spread of hours in the Brisbane Central Business District, subject to a ballot of affected employees, and subject to individual employee mutual agreement, in order to facilitate changes to employee’s commencing and finishing times that alleviate traffic congestion problems.
- A range of appendices setting out agency-specific arrangements.
Please access the Salary schedule (.xls, 442 KB) to view the proposed salary increases over the period of the Agreement. A ministerial directive in December 2013 provided employees covered by the agreement with a 2.2 per cent annual pay rise for three years. Please access the current "core" agreement salary schedule for Directive 16/13 here.
CBD Spread of Hours for Core Agreement 2009 Employees
In recognition of the issues associated with increased traffic congestion into the Central Business District (CBD) of Brisbane the 2009 Core Agreement at Part 23 provided Brisbane CBD employees the opportunity to adopt a wider ordinary spread of hours of 6am to 7pm for full-time and part-time employees. This arrangement allows employees and supervisors to mutually agree to changes to existing commencing and finishing times in order that the employees can commence and/or finish their working hours outside the recognised peak traffic times of 7am – 9am and 4pm – 6pm.
A ballot was conducted of all CBD employees and the vote was in favour of extending the spread of hours. The CBD Map shows the specified area to which the extended spread of hours will apply.
If you have any questions relating to the extended spread of hours please contact your HR/IR area within your department or email the Department of Justice and Attorney-General.
Consultative Committees Terms of Reference
In accordance with clause 9.2 of the State Government Departments Certified Agreement 2009(the Core) the parties agree that employees should be consulted about decisions which may affect their employment or welfare. Further, the parties have agreed on a revised template for the Consultative Committees Terms of Reference.
All agencies subject to the Core should review their current Terms of Reference to ensure it is consistent with the new template.
Design Principles for Agency JEMS Review Processes
In accordance with Part 17 of the State Government Departments Certified Agreement 2009 a review has been undertaken of the Design Principles for Agency JEMS Review Processes.
Please find at the below link the reviewed ‘Design Principles for Agency JEMS Review Processes’ for appropriate action by relevant agencies.
Design Principles for Agency JEMS Review Processes (PDF, 30 KB)