Chief Executive Service (CES)
The Chief Executive Service (CES), established on 1 July 2008, ensures that chief executives are well positioned to execute government agendas and to deliver quality services and outcomes to Queenslanders. They achieve this by pursuing:
- public service effectiveness and efficiency
- collaboration between departments with a focus on public service-wide priorities, as well as department-specific priorities
- performance management in the public service, and
- the delivery of services in accordance with government priorities.
Key features of the CES include a focus on:
- leading and delivering whole-of-government priorities as key performance accountabilities
- working proactively to position the sector at state, federal and international arenas
- continuous learning and professional development, and
- greater mobility of chief executives within the CES to meet the needs of the government.